The moment you discover that you are pregnant and a little munchkin is on its way, you start thinking a lot.
Is it Okay to exercise? Should you have fast food? What about your skin care routine?
During pregnancy, you make so many adjustments in your life. Your skincare routine is one of those adjustments you make during and after pregnancy. Your skin changes in a big way, thanks to the crazy hormones. And your normal routine of skin care likely won’t work when you’re pregnant.
During my first pregnancy, I was not aware of the pregnancy-friendly skincare. I was more concerned about my diet and skincare was likely not high on the priority list. Actually, first time I was really confused about which ingredient are safe and which ones aren’t. But during my second pregnancy, I was pretty much aware of the ingredients. I learned from experience that which ingredient is good and which ones are not safe.
However, there are some skin care ingredients that should be avoided, and you should make skin care routine adjustments for pregnancy.
So, if you have recently delivered a baby like me or pregnant or thinking about having a baby – this review of Gaia products is just for you!
GAIA Pure Pregnancy Belly Oil
We all know that during pregnancy our skin stretches so much that it starts irritating. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I began religiously using belly oils. I swear it helped in maintaining elasticity of my skin.
So, here’s my thoughts on the GAIA Pure Pregnancy Belly Oil.
Price and Availability
The price of Belly Oil is 1599 INR for 95ml.
All products are available at leading online portals like Flipkart, Amazon, Babychakra.
The GAIA Belly Oil comes in a Pink colored bottle with pump, which makes it so easy to use.
- It does not contain any petrochemicals, sulfates, lanolin, paraben preservatives, phthalates propylene glycol, or artificial fragrances.
- It has been made without Vitamin A, petrochemicals steroids, or mineral oils, making it very gentle and completely safe to use during pregnancy.
- Rosehip oil, organic jojoba oil, organic wheat germ oil are all rich sources of vitamins, essential fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants.
- It promotes skin elasticity while your belly is stretching to make room for your growing little one.
- This oil helps rehydrate and rejuvenate the skin on the belly, breasts, thighs and bottom areas.
- It reduces the appearance of stretch marks and avoids new ones from coming.
- Great absorption power with no greasiness or stickiness.
- It can also be used on breasts, thighs, arms for nourishment.
- Leaves skin soft, and subtle, and any itchiness is gone.
- It is Paraben free.
- Recommended for use to smooth cesarean scars.
- Can be used repeatedly as it does not contain vitamin A, steroids, petrochemicals or mineral oils.
- It provides moisturization and nourishment
GAIA Organic Nipple Balm
As breastfeeding mothers, we usually experience sore and cracked nipple. Sometimes it becomes severe and can cause bleeding too. If you are experiencing such pain, a chemical-free nipple cream can be a great help to alleviate the soreness and also heal the pain.
Price and Availability
The price of Nipple Balm is 1299 INR for 40ml.
All products are available at leading online portals like Flipkart, Amazon, Babychakra, Hopscotch and Gaia website.
- It is free from lanolin, petrochemicals and mineral oil.
- Does not need to wash it off before nursing as it is free from Lanolin.
- It contains pure edible organic oils, including sunflower and avocado.
- A nourishing organic balm for breastfeeding mothers to moisturize, soothe and protect sore, cracked nipples.
- It deeply moisturizes and repairs skin with vitamins
- Use only certified organic ingredients.
- No animal testing.
- Moisturizes and prepares nipples for feeding during pregnancy.
My Ratings – 4.8/5
Absolutely, I recommend these products to Moms and Moms-to-be.
If you want to try before you buy than request a sample. Isn’t it awesome!!
If you liked what you’ve read, leave a comment below!!
You may also like Postpartum Hairfall