All of us new moms wonder at times – “Why can’t I fit into my old clothes? Do I really look FAT? ” We reason out to “I can’t exercise because I have a baby to look after”. I was fenced with innumerable semblance. Remember, we mothers are surrounded with many responsibilities that make us forget who we really are??
And remember – Never loose that ‘I’ in ‘We’.
Three years ago, I got to know that I am pregnant and I was 55 kg then. By the end of the ninth month, I was 89 kg (GGOOSSH!). Once my tot arrived into this world and my arms, I was left with 28 kg of excess weight. I was shattered, disheartened and wanted to shed that extra pound in one go obviously. It took me 5 months to realize that I’ve to do it by myself (No Super-power can help you here!!) and over a period of time. I realized that I had to break free from my silly and lethargic excuses and work hard to achieve my goal.
Nothing can hinder you to achieve what you desire for. I never wanted to get back to my old body but all I wanted was a healthy body with the healthier mind. I searched a lot for several weight loss programs, but nothing worked for me (Alas!). I began to do small things at home. Initially, it seems difficult to work out at home, but it’s not impossible. Slowly, I understood there are no stumbling blocks in fitness, I lost all my post-pregnancy weight in 5 months. Yes, all that extra pounds vanished (YAYYY!!).
Today, I am glad to share my experience and input with all of you new moms out there. So, I present you the fitness mantra that helped me lose weight at home (Unbelievable Right? )…….
- Ditch Excuses – If you are determined enough then nothing can stop you from losing weight. I know you are stressed and exhausted but you have to do it for your own well-being. So put on your shoes and feel free to start.
- Never ditch meals – Cutting down on your meals will never help you lose the weight. As a matter of fact, it will hinder your metabolism and will make you weak. Eat your meals on time. Have a healthy and balanced diet through your day.
- Meal Funda – Divide your food into six meals for the day and get rid of the three big meals in a day. Eating five meals will make you feel satisfied throughout the day without unnecessary cravings. I am attaching a simple regime which I followed myself.–
- Early Morning: Green Tea / Lime Water
– Breakfast: Brown Bread Sandwich / Poha / Broken Wheat (Dalia) / Tea/ Marie Gold Biscuits/ Upma/ Two Boiled Eggs.
– Mid-morning : Fruits / Butter-milk / Oats / Soup.
– Lunch: Dal or Pulses, 2 Chapatis and Brown Rice with Curd and Salad in Large Proportion.
– Mid-evening : Sprouts Chat / Popcorn.
– Evening: Veg Soup / Lentil Soup.
– Dinner: Dal or Pulses, 2 Chapatis.
– Bed Time: Milk.
- Early dinner – Eat your dinner before 7 p.m and you can see the difference within a week. This is my best tip for all of you moms out there. If you have to stay awake till late, go for a glass of milk or a cup of green tea to keep you nourished.
- Exercise – Being a mother of one I can understand your new responsibilities but its important to indulge yourself in exercise. I am not asking you to start with rigorous exercises. Start slow because there is a long way to go. A regime that I followed is attached below-–
- First 10 Days: Brisk Walk for 30 Minutes.
– Next 10 Days: Brisk Walk for 20 Minutes followed by 10 Minutes of stretching.
– Next 10 Days: Jogging for 10 Minutes, 10 Minutes Stretching and 20 Minutes of Aerobics.
– Next 10 Days: Jogging for 10 Minutes, Stretching for 10 Minutes, Aerobics for 20 Minutes, 20 Minutes for Yoga/ Weight Training etc.
Mommy, you need to understand its difficult to shed that pregnancy weight, but smart lifestyle and a push can help. Don’t bother with the result, just keep working for yourself. Patience is the key to lose weight fast.
Say it again!
Remember – Patience is the key to lose weight.
If you have any query, feel free to ask in the comment section below.