Is your baby crying a lot? Well, the reason for this can range from a soggy nappy to a sore stomach. A growing baby is susceptible to illnesses even after you take utmost care of the kid in respect to their diet, and hygiene. For a new mom or dad, the worry regarding the baby’s digestive health is more common than you think. Among the many common health concerns that are common in the babies, is indigestion, stomach-upset or he/she may be Colic.
So in this post, I am going to discuss about how to soothe a baby who has colic.
First of all, you need to understand that being colic is not a disease. Colic is when a healthy baby cries frequently for a prolonged period of time. If your little munchkin is crying regularly for more than 3 hours a day, he or she may have colic.
The doctor generally diagnoses the colic condition in the infants on the basis of “rules of three.” These are:
- Baby crying lasts for at least three hours at a stretch
- Occurs at least three days a week
- Persists for at least three weeks in a row
Some of the factors that can lead to a colicky baby are:
- Discomfort from gas or indigestion. In some case, he/she may be feeling the pain as well
- An immature digestive system i.e. the system isn’t fully developed.
- Overfeeding or underfeeding.
- Sensitivity or Food Allergic, common in formula-fed babies.
- An early form of childhood migraine headache.
- The emotional reaction to fear, frustration, or excitement.
As a parent, listening to a baby’s screams can be heartbreaking and hence it can take a physical and emotional toll. So here are some ways to soothe them and stop their crying.
- It’s important to keep track of what you eat and drink when you breastfeed your kid. Avoid caffeine, chocolate or any dairy product to which your kid may be sensitive and allergic.
- Provide extra skin to skin contact with your arm. Massage their back while holding them in your arm. Sing and swaddle. Put a warm towel on their stomach.
- Burping the infant can help in relieving the pain if your baby’s inconsolable fussiness is due to gas.
Recently I came across with Mother Sparsh’s “Tummy Roll On” which is 100% Ayurvedic and is formulated with natural herbs that help to treat colic and indigestion in babies. This Product from Mother Sparsh is a combination of Hing oil and Saunf Oil that provides relief – from stomach discomforts caused due to gas, acidity, and indigestion in infants and children. Equipped with antiseptic and antibacterial properties, Hing oil which is an ingredient of the Tummy Roll-On helps to reduce acid reflux and constipation. Fennel oil has anti-colic properties which help to reduce stomach bloating, gas. It also helps in relieving the pain by helping the baby to burp.
Besides being 100% Ayurvedic, this Tummy Roll On by Mother Sparsh contains no alcohol, preservatives or any other harmful chemicals. Mother Sparsh Tummy Roll comprises of the ingredients that are natural and free from toxins, as a result, this product is totally safe to use on babies sensitive skin. The thing that I liked about this product is its ease of carrying. One can conveniently carry it while traveling in bags, purses, pockets, etc. Have been using it for my baby and I am quite impressed with the results. This tummy roll-on gives relief to my child in nearly 30 minutes. Even my child is happy too as he does not like to take any oral medicines. It is certainly an innovative product from Mother Sparsh.
Sometimes everything you do doesn’t relieve the baby’s crying. This can lead to frustration, but all you need at this time all you need is a little more patience. Just like the other parenthood challenges, this too will pass.
Check my video for detailed review.