This world is shrinking and the outside play concept is obliterating day after day. At the age bracket of 3-5 years, children, especially those who have started going to school, are their most active selves. There is so much confusion in the sphere of the Best Toys for 3-5 year olds
It is always a task to keep them engaged and busy. As parents, it is natural for us to want to provide the best for our children. That always makes us wonder what are the best toys for 3-year-olds, or the best toys for 3-5-year-olds?
You know what they say, one right toy for your child and not only are you safe from constantly buying toys to keep your child occupied, you are also stimulating their growth, both physically and mentally.
That is exactly how I found out my best-fit toys for both Advik and Adira. What is to be noted is that no two kids are similar, so what might work for one kid, may not be the ONE best toy for kids of a different personality.
I have compiled a list of what are some of the best toys in India for children 3, 4 or 5-year-old.
- Shumee wooden 3D shape and number sorting clock puzzle- This is by far my most preferred educational toy for 3-4-year-olds. This helps the kids not only sort the shapes but also is very good to teach the kids time and numbers. A very smart educational toy.
- Lego Duplo Blocks- These are the best starter block sets that you could give children. The blocks are larger in size, therefore can’t be swallowed and are easy to remove and attach. Making it a wonderful tool for construction.
- Dolls- Be it a female or male child, having a doll or the new age baby dolls are a great toy. They help your child pretend to play and understand what you try to teach them. They teach skills ranging from self-eating, potty training to taking care of them.
- Puzzles- like Alphabet Train, Number Train, opposite matching are all educational puzzles. They are not just fun to make but are eternally the best educational toys for 3-year-olds.
- Play Dough Sets– There are some fabulous non-toxic play doughs available in the market. They help your child develop their artistic and creative energies, make them form shapes and other items. You can get them with moulds to aid their imagination.
- Pretend play kits- Like a doctor set, or a farmer set, a carpenter set. This helps perform role play and start identifying the different pillars of our society.
- Ride-on toys- Since external play does get limited, it still is important for them to have some physical activity or the other. So a swing car which is fabulous for kids up to 7-year-olds, or a tricycle which can also be used as a push cycle. In case you buy it for a slightly younger child, they are some of the most physically active toys that you can find for the kids.
Having said that, these are the toys I have found to be fun and interesting for my children, in case your child is fond of something else, please do share.